Now let us learn how to give self-massaging to specific parts and spots of our bodies. Massaging makes blood and energy move, therefore toning or sedating them.
1. Massage your face upwards and downwards with the palm of your hands.
2. Massage your eyes outwards, pressing them softly with your fingers.
3. Make circles in the inner part of your eyes several times, pressing softly with your fingertips.
4. Make circles in the outer part of your eyes several times, pressing softly with your fingertips.
5. Massage your forehead with one hand in one direction and then with the other hand in the opposite direction, to eliminate wrinkles and tension.
6. Rub the sides of your nose up and down with your index fingers.
7. With the fingertips of your index, medium and ring fingers, massage in a circling way, the muscles at the sides of your mandible.
8. With your index fingers working simultaneously, massage your upper and lower lips in opposite directions. Change your hands and repeat the same action.
9. Place your ring and middle fingers at the sides of your face, near your ears, and rub vigorously up and down. Repeat 5 to 8 times. Then take the lobe of your ears between your index finger and your thumb and softly pull it down 3 times. Next hold your outer ear between the same two fingers and pull it up softly, repeating three times. Now push your ears forward with your fingertips three times, like before. Lastly, put the palms of your hands and your fingers on your ears and pull them back.
10. Massage your scalp with your fingertips: from your forehead through the back of your head to the nape. Repeat three times.
11. Put your hands on your face and while you inhale through your nose, rub your face upward to the upper part of your head. Continue moving your hands and fingers until you get to your nape, and then move them to your throat while you exhale slowly through your mouth.
12. Cross your hands in front of your chest and vigorously rub the area under your clavicles with your fingertips 6 to 8 times.
13. Carefully and slightly hit your sternum starting near your clavicles and going down.
14. Put your hands on your abdomen, one of them above the other one, and draw three ample circles clockwise; massage your viscera and then continue doing it backwards, drawing three circles in the opposite direction.
15. Rub your Dan Tien with the palms of your hands. This spot is located approximately four centimeters below the navel. Rub your Dan Tien diagonally with one hand, and then rub it with the other one, describing an X. Repeat 6 to 8 times.
16. Draw a circle with your index finger and your thumb in the lumbar zone at both sides of your backbone. Rub this area vigorously up and down 6 to 8 times. Then with the same fingers rub your backbone from the lumbar zone, above, to the sacrum and coccyx. Rub carefully and then with small strokes of your fingers work the lumbar and sacrum areas of your backbone softly and carefully. Before ending this session, place the palms of your hands with your fingers down and once again rub the lumbar area, warming it.
17. Place the palms of your hands on your knees while you make circles rubbing your knees to warm them up, 6 to 8 times.
18. Do the same on your ankles to stimulate blood circulation.
19. Now place the palms of your hands on your ankles and go up through the inner part of your thighs to your groin. Then place your hands behind the lumbar zone and gluteals and move down behind the legs to the ankles, and then go up the same way. Repeat three times. You may give small strokes to your legs downward to relax and to stimulate irrigation.
20. Massage your hands and continue with the outer part of your forearms, arms, shoulders and upper part of your neck. Do the same in the opposite direction. Repeat three times. You may also work with small strokes, going up through the outer part of your arm and up through the inner one. Repeat with the other arm.
21. Finally, bend both of your legs and place your hands in front of your chest. Inhale twice with tension in all of your body, separate your hands and extend your legs. Then exhale twice through your mouth, relax your body and bend your knees. Repeat three times.
Now inhale deeply without tension and exhale slowly through your mouth relaxing all your body and bending your knees. Repeat once more. Inhale deeply without tension, straighten your body and your legs, and exhale through your mouth… lower your arms and maintain this position, enjoying the state of peace and quiet that you have achieved by working with these exercises. Now you are full of energy and vitality…, you enjoy a state of energy, vitality, calm and relaxation… your mind is tranquil and you are in peace.