Master Gaspar García, faithful to the origin and tradition, continues to transmit the teachings of Luohan in its deepest essence to benefit people and society in general.
One of Dr. Gaspar García’s main objectives is to promote the teaching of authentic Qigong physically, mentally and spiritually. Physically, to promote health and quality life. Mentally, to emphasise senses, enable peaceful mind, discover the pleasure of stillness and inner silence. And finally to help creating an happier world through the diffusion of these techniques and teachings which were created to eliminate pain and suffering. Luohan Gong is a tool of priceless value to meet these objectives.
These techniques are a limitless source of peace, good health and vitality, and an ideal way to keep in shape and protect ourselves from pressures and everyday stress. Qigong is the essence and foundation of a healthy, happy and harmonious life.
Other important objectives of LUOHAN.COM are:
- Promote self-healing and personal development through Luohan Gong practice.
- Promote the principles, teachings, and practice of an authentic internal cultivation system, improved by more than a millennium by Ch`an Buddhist Monks of Shaolin Temple. In this way sow peace and harmony in the world, approaching West to East whilst creating brotherhood links between all human beings.
- Provide a refined technique and exceptional teaching method that allows us to train teachers of the highest level for over 20 years worldwide.
- Continue forming instructors to transmit this teachings for the benefit of others.
- Having an Online School that through its Virtual Classroom allows distance formation to new instructors and the enhancement of existing instructors, achieving greater connectivity around the world.
- Create a forum and a resource place for instructors, doctors and Qigong pupils.
- Be a source of information and related resources Qigong and Eastern disciplines.
YIN / YANG The dual nature of reality.
Yin means the “dark side of a mountain”
and Yang means its “sunny side”.
There are two ways of representing this:
Yin is represented by a black circle or by a broken line _ _
Yang is represented by a white circle or a full line ___
In order to understand these terms, let us think that before the Universe came into existence, there was a situation called Wu Chi*, “that which does not have an end”.
The Universe was born from this condition, and its name was: Tai Chi** or “Great Last One” or “Great Terminal”, that is creation without any movement, a static unit that would give rise to the Yin and the Yang.
From the interaction of Yin and Yang, Pa Kwa and the ten thousand manifestations of the Universe arose.
* WU CHI “What existed before the Universe was created”. The Evident, the Empty, the Great Nothing.
** TAI CHI “The Great Last One”. The Universe was born from Wu Chi, and it was named Tai Chi. It is motionless creation and static unit gave birth to Yin and Yang.
THE YIN / YANG THEORY
Yin and Yang are some of the main fundamental concepts of Chinese culture, and as such, they may be found in all of its manifestations: in art, architecture, philosophy, martial arts, and medicine.
CHARACTERISTICS: Opposition and Interdependence
Ying / Yang express the relationship between opposites, regarding an object or a phenomenon. A relative relationship, because it exists through comparison.
THERE IS NOTHING ABSOLUTE.
Ying / Yang always relate with something. In The Yin there is Yang, etc.
The body parts that correspond to Yin and Yang are: Yin: chest, down, internal; Yang: back, up, external.
Substance ( Yin )
Function ( Yang )
Yin is installed in the inside, while the yang creator of matter remains outside as the manifestation of yin.
A. Inter consumption and Support Relationship.
-The two aspects are not fixed, but in continuous movement within a system.
-Yin increase, Yang reduction.
-Yin reduction; Yang increase.
-Chinese Medicine (acupuncture, phytotherapy, qigong) try to balance these forces.
-Human functions require a certain amount of nutrients; this makes them decrease Yin and increase Yang. The same way in which the formation and storage of nutrients depends on body functions, it weakens them to a certain degree by increasing the Yin and decreasing the Yang. When one of them is increasing, it turns into an etiological factor.
B. Inter transformation of Yin and Yang.
-The inter transformation of Yin and Yang means that, under some circumstances and development stages the Yin and the Yang are transformed into their opposites.
-There must be quietness after excessive movement. Extreme Yang will turn into Yin.
-When a certain limit is reached, a change to the opposite direction is inevitable. Quantitative changes lead to qualitative changes.
-Very high fever (Yang extreme), temperature reduction, paleness. Weak pulse (Yin), death.
-A woman who withstands insults and being badly treated for years (Yin behavior) by her husband, reaches a moment when she can not take any more (there is no more Yin space for her to go) and so she murders her husband (Yang behavior).